Tuesday 3 September 2013

The latest on Dreamland

An update from Iris Johnston, Cabinet Member for Community Services

"I'm very pleased to hear the ownership of the Dreamland site has transferred to Thanet District Council. We still have an appeal hearing to get through, but hopefully we can say that Dreamland has returned to the people of Margate and we can get the site moving again.

"I was at the site last night until 10pm and I've been back again this morning with officers, looking at what needs to be done and what the priorities are.

"I'm delighted the news was covered on BBC Radio Kent this morning and the news cameras from ITV Meridian news are interviewing me at 11am. This is just the kind of positive publicity Thanet needs and it's a deserved reward for the hardworking team that have battled for so long to get us here."


This article is written by Councillor Iris Johnston, on behalf of the Labour Group.

No comments:

Post a Comment